Fran Weaver, our dear colleague and friend, passed away last Sunday (25th March, 2018). His wake was held at Kaisla yesterday evening. The custom tends to be that we always remember, write and say good things about the deceased even when we really have to delve deep into our memories to find them. With Fran it was easy. He was liked by all, respected by everyone and showed kindness to people he knew and to those he didn’t. The number of people at his favourite beer spot last night, proved that. We will miss him. Rest in peace dear Fran.
- The Media in Armenia One Year After the “Velvet Revolution”
- AEJ national sections and journalists around Europe mark World Press Freedom Day
- The Assange case concerns the public’s right to know but also public trust in a free press
- Stop Turkey’s ‘relentless’ judicial harassment against free expression champions
- Turkey must respect foreign media outlets’ independence